Thursday, October 27, 2005

Still thinking....

I know... I know.... a good person would blog about Harriet Miers today. I just don't know what I think yet. My only thought so far is that her nomination was reviled, in part, as the bizarre act of a president who values loyalty above, say, qualifications. I'm sure she withdrew at the request of the White House. I don't KNOW that, but it seems probable. And if so, we may still have a president who values loyalty above competence... but he doesn't value loyalty as much as we thought. He surely was willing to throw her under a bus rather than deal with the fallout of a failed Supreme Court nomination.

And now what? A nominee even further to the right? This just keeps getting worse and worse.

I promise to muse some more and come back with reflections with some actual substance.

No comments: