Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Random 10


Oh my lands, what a day. Among other things, we're changing computers and ISPs and goodness only knows what else around here. After the lovely young man in tech support in Bombay suggested that I get my husband to help me, I got steamed and went to work. (...knowing full well that my fallback position was to call my son. I can buy his silence with a few dozen chocolate chip cookies.) Now, finally, I'm reconnected to other people through my computer. How did we get any work done before the internet? It's hard to remember.


Anyway... that explains my tardiness. We're ready for the Friday Random 10. You know the game. Set your iPod to shuffle and tell us the first 10 songs that appear. And no fair leaving out the ones that make you look like a dork or adding in ones that make you look cool. We'll know and tease you mercilessly! Here's my list for today:

  • Singin' in the Rain; Gene Kelly (Come on... if you have an Oscar Night party, this is obligatory.)
  • Home; Karla Bonoff
  • Voluntary in C Major (Z 717); Purcell
  • Kisses Sweeter Than Wine: Jackson Brown and Bonnie Rait
  • Trip Around the Sun; Jimmy Buffett
  • La Vie en Rose; Louis Armstrong
  • Organum, Alleluia V. Multifaerie Olim; Hildegard von Bingen
  • Double Trouble; John Williams (yes, from Harry Potter -also for the Oscar Night party)
  • Indian Woman; Rubaja And Hernandez
  • Ready to Run; Dixie Chicks


I did delete one yoga practice that showed up on shuffle. What would the non-yogini public have done had I included a "song" entitled "Moving Toward Leg Behind the Head"? Now I'm off to check the 412 e-mail messages that appeared while I had disappeared from cyberspace.

No comments: