Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Biggest Mess I Ever Saw

My babies and their cars


I don't know what came over the renters. Heaven knows, I'm no Suzy Homemaker. But I have never seen such a mess. Who knew bugs came in so many varieties? :(

I guess that once they agreed to move out, cleaning became unimportant. And they're young, and I suppose these things are less important when you're young. They certainly were to me.

And I was never so glad to see a mess in my life! Clean would have been better, I suppose. But I spent the day cleaning, and polishing, and rearranging, and undoing... and in a strange way, that made the space mine again. Now I'm almost back to where I was four months ago.

7 comments:

Lexy said...

And it looks like the kiddies showed up to help. Wonderful! Can't wait for the party to see your house.

Lexy

Anonymous said...

I've got incense and holy water, if you need a different kind of cleaning! ;-9

Lisa :-] said...

Must be odd to move back in to your house after someone else had been living there. Could it ever be clean enough?

Still, I'm sure it felt great once you had gone through the nesting ritual...

behaha said...

I sure wish I could be at the party!

Kimberly said...

It must feel so much better to be back home! I'm glad things are starting to normalize a little.

Renee said...

Yep, I can see how cleaning it would mark you presence there. Now maybe some sage to smudge the house? (Along with the incense and holy water. I say use both barrels!)

Jen R said...

Wish I could be at the party too--I'll be in Louisiana to see mom four days after your party. So I'll have to be there, slightly to the south, in spirit.

The reclaiming ritual would benefit from smudging, holy water, incense, music, food and friends. It sounds as though they're all on their way in one form or another.