Whew! An easy post!
You know the drill. Take out your iPod and set it to shuffle mode. Tell us the first ten songs that appear -and no fair leaving out ones that make you look like a dork or adding in ones that make you look cool. By now you all know that I have a peculiar mixture of really, truly good music and ...well, dreck. Here's this week's list:
- Welcome in this Place; Hillsong (Sophie, you'd like this one.)
- Mamiya: Five Finnish Folk Songs for Cello and Piano; Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble
- Kathy's Song; Simon & Garfunkle
- Caught in the Crossfire; John McCutcheon
- Viola Concerto in G (51: G9) -Allegro: Telemann via Florian Deuter
- Born to Run; Bang!
- My Father's Eyes; Eric Clapton
- Leader of the Band; Dan Fogelberg
- Ride Like the Wind; Christopher Cross
- Empowered; David and Steve Gordon
And since I've been so boring lately, here's a bonus playlist. Riffing off someone else's idea (Sorry, I've long since forgotten whose.), I made a playlist called Sorry, Everybody -a musical apology to the world for what this country has become. Here's my list.
- The Right Decision; World View
- Make Up Your Mind; Orange park
- The Great Discontent; Man on Earth
- Who Would Jesus Bomb?: David Rovics
- JesusLand; David Ippolito
- Lies; Priscilla Herdman
- Dirty Little War; Terry Tufts
- What made America Famous>; Harry Chapin
- Come On Home; Indigo Girls
- Which Side Are You On?; Dick Gaughan
- A Parcel of Rogues in a Nation; Jean Redpath
- I AM a Patriot; Jackson Browne
- Let's Impeach the President; Neil Young
- Mr. President, Have Pity on the Working Man; Sam Bush
- Oh Mary, Don't You Weep; Arlo Guthrie
- With God On Our Side; Neville Brothers
- Wartime Prayers; Paul Simon
It actually goes on a lot longer. I must have been really steamed when I put this one together!