You know the game. Take out your iPod and set it to shuffle mode. Tell us the first 10 songs that appear. And no fair leaving out the ones that make you look like a dork or adding in ones to counterbalance the dorkiness. We'll know the truth!
Here are mine for the week:
- Largo from Concerto for Guitar in D major; Vivaldi (Classical Bliss playlist)
- Beloved Comrades; Holly Near and Ronnie Gilbert (Gentle Heroes playlist)
- Shall We Gather at the River; Anonymous 4 (Jesus Is My Boyfriend playlist -it's an inside family joke)
- Bread and Roses; Judy Collins (Save the World playlist)
- Fly Me to the Moon; Frank Sinatra (Clair de Lune playlist -songs about the moon. Why? I have no idea.)
- Fanfare for Forsythia; Claudia Schmidt (Girls Raised in the South playlist)
- Overture to The Marriage of Figaro; Mozart (Ancient Music playlist)
- Don't Call Me Baby; Madison Avenue (Uppity Women playlist)
- Punjabiyan Di Shaan; Bally Sagoo (Bhangra playlist)
- We Remember; John Michael Talbot (Heart of Worship playlist)
Now if we were going to really make this embarrassing, we'd talk about the songs I've downloaded this week. Save a Horse; Ride a Cowboy, for example. A friend recommended it and I was gullible. And you must admit, the idea has merit.