Monday, June 16, 2008

An Afghan for Sam


OK, Sam-o, Auntie Andrea hasn't been at her knitting best this week. We've had a bit of a setback. I have this knitting attitude that others might call hubris. Patterns??? Pish-posh. That's for the little people. And you know how hubris usually works out in the Greek myths?

Yeah, pretty much, that's the story. I didn't kill my father and marry my mother, or anything. But the reminder from the universe that I, too, am one of the little people has not been subtle. As Franklin says, " the knitting gods have chosen this moment to knock back a few beers and have a giggle at my expense." That light blue rectangle with the needles in it? I knit that one in dark green. And the little dark blue square? Oh yeah, that was the wrong color, too. So, I've done some ripping and re-knitting.

I'll pull myself together this week, I promise.

No comments: