Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Right This Very Minute....

So, right this very minute, what can I do to make the world a better place? Well, I could make a decision to be gentle and loving with all the people I encounter, but I'm thinking more along the lines of something that's within the realm of the possible. And I'd like to tell you that today will be a bonus car-free day (Thursdays are my typical no-car day.), but that's not going to happen either.

But here's what I can do. There's been a pile of books on the table by the back door for...an embarrassing amount of time. They're duplicates, for heaven's sake! I'm going to take them to Duck Soup Coop, which is a Bookcrossing site. This silly little almost-zero-effort task will simplify my life of clutter, clear space on the bookshelves, and share these books with other people. I get a little kick out of Bookcrossing's "all the world's a library" attitude. And while I'm there, I will drop off the small mountain of plastic grocery bags that accumulate no matter how hard I try. They're still plastic, but at least they'll be reused as grocery bags.

What are you going to do today?

Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll give money to some of the homeless folks on my way home. I work in the city right near a homeless shelter, so this is saying a lot!