I have the 6-gig mini iPod, soon to be upgraded, I fear. She's pink and her name is Lila. The weird thing is that I had my iPod for literally months before I got it out of the box. I thought it would be too hard to figure out this new technology. I thought I didn't need it. But, my yoga buddies convinced me that I should give it a shot. And a monster was born! I download music like a fiend. I rip CDs. I make playlists. I'm a hopeless geek, in short.
So, here's the game. (The idea was borrowed from my friend Mike, whose website link is to the left: "Musing's Musings".) Put your iPod in "shuffle" mode. Hit play. Record the first 10 songs that appear -and no fair omitting the ones that make you look like a total dork.
So, here are mine for today:
1. Rhapsody in Blue, George Gershwin
2. Sweet Chariot, Emmylou Harris
3. Paint the Sky with Stars, Enya
4. Om Namaha Shiva, Shella Chandra
5. Stars Fell on Alabama, Jimmy Buffett
6. O mio babbino caro, Renee Fleming
7. Breton Set, Maggie Sansone
8. For Unto Us a Child is Born, John McCutcheon
9. Air from Suite No. 3 in D Major (Air on a G String), Bach, Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
10. To the Moon and Back, Savage Garden