Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dear Red Bike

I still love you. You'll always be special to me, but I need to date other bikes. It's not you; it's me. I need to mark this as a new time in my life -a time when I can do daring things. In this case that means biking longer and harder than you can go. No, no... that wasn't a double entendre. Really. I meant mileage, sweetheart.

My new sweetheart is this bike:


The only difference is that it's a bright lime green. It's an Orbea Aqua Dama, in the smallest size they make with special adjustments to make it even smaller. It's a road bike, and I CAN NOT WAIT for good weather. My old red helmet just isn't going to work, either. Sheesh. How many of these "dear bike" letters do I have to write?????

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

She's beautiful!

I am SO jealous. You will have many happy miles on that beauty.

Anonymous said...

HOT bike!

Andrea Rusin said...

I am so excited I just want to pop. I saw the bike two weeks ago, and gasped out loud. Literally. I thought about it... but went back and got it. It just had to be.

Renee said...

Good for you!!!

And that was very honest and kind, how you dealt with the red bike. Would that all bike owners were so honorable...

Anonymous said...

Oooh - lovely - I just got a new sparkly lime green bike too :0 but a different manufacturer! It even came with it's very own little dragonfly to keep me company - perhaps when all the snow is melted we should go for a ride together :)

Janet B