Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Purple Luggage Goes to Tuscany

One of those goofy sayings in my family is "you have to do it to do it". It's just another way of saying that you can't just think about doing something, or talk about it (which heaven knows I can do ad nauseum), or wish about it. You have to do it. "It" could be buy those earrings, call that guy, go to graduate school, or, in this case, go on that trip.

OK, the trip isn't for a while -more than a year, to be truthful. But today, I sent in a deposit for a hotel (a castle, really) room in Tuscany. I'm going. I've always wanted to go, and it's going to happen. I can't really afford it, but I have plenty of time to save up for it.













And today I saw sweet purple luggage on sale, and decided that it was a sign from the universe. I now have pretty purple luggage, which will be easy to spot on the airport luggage carousel. As a symbol that I really mean it, I bought the luggage, even though I have no trips planned for months. Well, actually, I have no trips planned at all, but probably there will be one somewhere this summer. But I have luggage and a passport, in case some exotic possibility springs up on short notice ;)






I haven't done much traveling on my own. Organizing the travel and the tickets and the passports and exchanging money, I let Dave do all of that. Enough! I'm doing it this time.

Anybody want to go to Tuscany a year from June? You have to do it to do it!

7 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

Tuscany? A castle? OMG, of course I want to go!

Andrea Rusin said...

Well, get your ticket! I'm doing this thing.

Mollie F. said...

I dunno--I have a suitcase that's the same color as your new ones :). Is that a sign or something?

Lexy said...

The luggage is gorgeous! You're such a ......... girly-girl! I can see you struttin your stuff with lavendar luggage!

Tuscany is like a dream come true! I'd love to go but not sure how to make it happen. I'll think on it.

Renee said...

Awesome! Just don't get seduced into buying a dilapidated villa.

On second thought, *definitely* get seduced, and if there's a dilapidated villa thrown into the bargain, go for it!

Andrea Rusin said...

Ooh, I like your thinking ;)

Nitro Krycerin said...

Love the purple bags. They will make your heart sing when you see them come around the conveyor belt.

Fun knitting with you the other day!