Thursday, May 10, 2007

Andrea: Still Disorganized

So.... I walk into work, bedraggled, dropping papers here and there, trying valiantly to keep my coffee cup upright. Pretty much the way it always is. Everyone is laughing at me, and seriously, I don't know why. Is my zipper unzipped? Am I dragging toilet paper from my shoe? Any of these things is possible, but not, as it happens, true.

WHAT???? I ask, in some distress?

More laughter.

I get to my office and start up the computer. CNN provides headlines in a crawler across the bottom of my screen:

ANDREA ARRIVES EARLY: DAMAGE ESTIMATES PENDING

Oh great.... I've made the international news. And my personal favorite...

ANDREA: STILL DISORGANIZED

This is news????

OK, it's apparently some kind of tropical storm that can't quite get its act together to be ferocious. Kind of like someone else I know. Or.... it's a tropical storm too polite to do real damage, but wants you to know she exists, thank you very much. But everyone I know, it seems, thinks this is hilarious.

I have e-mail from Math-Man that says, essentially, this is my shot at the big time. Of course, HIS name was retired the first time it was used as the name for a hurricane. But... really.... I shouldn't feel any pressure. The multitudinous siblings just want to know what I've been up to and is Mom going to find out. My yoga buddies want to know if we're going to move forward to:

REMNANTS OF ANDREA STREWN ACROSS THREE STATES

I suppose not. But:

ANDREA HEADS OUT INTO THE ATLANTIC

is, in fact, true. I'm off to Puerto Rico for Mother's Day with my sisters. Try to behave while I'm gone. Or, if you can't, let me know about it, please. As my Dad used to say, "Keep the peace or keep the pieces." I'll see you all on Tuesday.

2 comments:

breadchick said...

Have a great trip. You deserve it. Oh, and try not to uproot any palm trees while you are down there ok? :-)

Lisa :-] said...

This IS funny... Have fun in PR.