Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Knitting Under the Influence

Under the influence of caffeine, that is. It's possible that I won't make it. Well, let's rephrase that. I'm not planning on keeling over, or anything drastic. It's just possible, though, that I won't finish the Christmas knitting. I can count the hours between now and Christmas morning. Were I truly masochistic, I could count the necessary stitches between here and Christmas morning. This, however, is information I do not want.

So far, I'm still having fun. I still have my job. I haven't had to quit it because it didn't leave time for my knitting. I still have a family -although they're staying well out of my way these days, which is good. My friend whose birthday was LAST Friday might be a little peeved with me, though; I still haven't kitchener-stitched her present so that she can actually use it. Her granddaughter's Christmas present, though, is well in hand.

The pile of knitted garments is growing. The pile of yarn waiting its turn on the needles is shrinking. Frustration is lurking around the corner, but it's not really making a nuisance of itself yet. We'll see how it goes.

And if anyone cares... the binary scarf on knitty? The scarf in the picture and the scarf in the pattern? They're different. Oh well. I was planning on turning it into a hat, anyway. The geek on my list who would appreciate the joke doesn't wear scarves.

No comments: