You know the game. Take out your iPod and set it to shuffle mode. Tell us the first 10 songs that appear -and no fair leaving out the ones that make you look like a dork or adding in ones you think will make you look cool. Here are mine for this week:
- That Don't Impress Me Much; Shania Twain (I know... I know.... at least you know I'm not editing the dorky ones out. It's in my I Do NOT Understand Men playlist.)
- The Thanksgiving Song; Fred Holstein in my Grateful Heart playlist
- Power and Glory; Holly Near and Ronnie Gilbert from my Rebel with a Clue playlist
- You Rise and Meet the Day; Dar Williams from my Dawn Patrol playlist
- Study War No More; Sweet Honey in the Rock from my I've Had It! playlist
- Nocturne for Piano in C Sharp Minor; Chopin via Joshua Bell from my Piano Concerti playlist
- Hope Has a Place; Enya from my Joyful Meditation playlist
- Manic Monday; The Bangles in my Bringing Down the House playlist -house cleaning music
- Carol of the Bells; Angel City Brass in my Christmas music playlist which I should "smart playlist" out of circulation for a while, I suppose.
- Gentle Annie; Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy from my Need a Good Cry playlist. This song makes me sob.
Now, which songs can we put in a State of the Union 2006 playlist?
- If I Only Had a Brain, sung by the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz (except it turned out HE'D had a brain all along);
- Holding Out for a Hero; Bonnie Tyler
- My Give-a-Damn's Busted; Jo Dee Messina
- Wipeout -who does that one?
- So You Think You're a Cowboy; Emmylou Harris
- Free From You; Jack Stafford Foundation
- Can't Believe It; Bob Dylan
- Send in the Clowns; Judy Collins
- We're Sons of our Fathers; Phil Collins
- Fools Rush In; Elvis Presley
- The Great Pretender; The Platters
- Give Me One Reason; Tracy Chapman
- Tell Me a Lie; Griffin House
- How Many Mistakes; James Gordon
- Crazy; Willie Nelson
- Still Crazy After All These years; Simon and Garfunkle
- and we should end with We Shall Not Be Moved by Sweet Honey in the Rock. THOSE women would scare him ;)
Wow! That was easy. What would you add?