Sunday, November 02, 2008

Blogging -the Third Wave

I don't know quite what to say. Literally.

I sense that my blog is entering its third phase, which is probably a good thing. It is less good, perhaps, that I don't know what that third wave is. I've done the social justice writing. Heaven knows there's more to write there. And I've learned in that phase that I like to write and reflect and think. I've done my "oh my god the sky is falling.... I think I might fall apart" blogging. And I've learned that I have friends and family of incalculable wonder. And in the rebuilding of my life, I've learned that I'm better at writing and thinking and reflecting about social justice than I am at implementing it. (You guys, I threw my recycling in the trash this week. I missed the pick-up and couldn't stand looking at it for another week. I'm a slug.) And besides... I'm pretty much done with Dave, literally and metaphorically. I'm bored. Let's move on.

But what do I write about now? Rebuilding my life? Gidget goes to school/Andrea meets academe on her own terms??? Do I go back to social justice stuff? Learning to be the grown-up in my own story? I do have this goofy thought that I could use songs as themes for reflecting about my new life. Maybe third wave blogging is like third wave feminism -a lot more fun and considerably more drinking than its earnest and a little grim foremothers????

What are your thoughts, oh wise ones?

1 comment:

Lisa :-] said...

I tend to be of the "blog is life" school. Though I have or am part of the writing team for four blogs (that's kind of mind-boggling, isn't it?) I don't think of any of them as having a particular theme. There are many threads--all the threads of my life--running through all of them.

Is that more valid or more interesting than themed blogs? I don't know... I just know I can't be that focused (disciplined?) about what I write. One of my blogs is a repository for what I think of as my "best" essays, but the subject matter is all over the map.

Sorry...this wasn't very helpful, was it? :-/