Friday, July 27, 2007

Make Some Noise

I find myself a little tired of the Friday Random Ten. I may still do it from time to time. Today, however, is one of the few days I have carved out of the insanity that is my life to attend the Blogher conference. It just seems wrong to post a random selection of my raunchy music when there are all these people here thinking about ways to use technology to make the world better. This much idealism in one place! It almost makes me feel like a realist -and that takes some doing!

So, in that spirit, here are ten "change the world" songs. Add yours if you like. I'm always open to new music.
  • Those Three are on my Mind; Kim Harris and the Magpies
  • To Everyone in All the World; Cathy Fink
  • Well May the World Go; Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie
  • The Women Gather; Sweet Honey in the Rock
  • The Farmer is the Woman; John McCutcheon
  • We Are the Ones; Sweet Honey in the Rock
  • He Was my Brother; Simon & Garfunkel
  • Flags of Freedom; Neil Young
  • Direct Action; Ani DiFranco and Utah Phillips
  • The Day They Closed the Factory; Harry Chapin


No comments: