Monday, April 23, 2007

Charity Knitting -Tomorrow Night

I know there are people who are cold and who need our knitted garments here in DeKalb. I really do. But through Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka The Yarn Harlot) I learned about The Dulaan Project, which supplies hand-knit wool garments for people in Mongolia. On the website there is a picture of a sweet little toddler, and my heart was lost. Dulaan Knitting is my project.

So, tomorrow night my knitting circle and, I hope, some knitters I've never met before, will gather at the Newman Center to knit for Dulaan. Bring your needles and your yarn. There will be plenty of expert help available, although this probably isn't the time to learn how to knit. The potential teachers are a little distracted trying to meet a May deadline for the sweaters being shipped to Mongolia. We can do a learn-to-knit event some other time, if there's a need.

So, 7:00 at the Newman Center, 512 Normal Road. Be there. People are cold. We can fix this.

No comments: