Saturday, November 04, 2006

Weekend Cookbook Challenge

I knew I couldn't actually bake this weekend. Do not even ASK me how many things I have to do. It makes me start to hyperventilate to think about it. So I made the cinnamon rolls for the Weekend Cookbook Challenge yesterday. Here they are -proof positive that I remember how to cook ;)

In progress: (I considered getting one of me wearing an apron, but decided that would be overkill -but I was actually wearing an apron.)




And done:


The recipe was one from my grandmother, adapted to use in the bread machine. The little-used piece of kitchen equipment was my bread machine. And yes, a goodly number of these are disappearing to the boy-child's apartment. A) I do NOT need to eat them all myself, and b) sharing food is at least as much fun as cooking it, I think.

So, there it is! One thing done for the weekend. Thanks to Breadchick at The Sour Dough for inviting me to participate.

4 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

They look wonderful. Send a batch out here to Oregon and I'll sell them at the cafe...

Andrea Rusin said...

LOL! Wouldn't that be a hoot??? They're pretty good -but my grandma gets the credit.

breadchick said...

Andrea, thank you so much for participating and I would LOVE the recipe for those rolls.

Sara said...

Yum! I love cinnamon buns! Thanks for joining us this month - hope to see you again!