Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Popcorn and Social Change


For real. It's in my living room. I've signed up to host an "America I Believe In" house party. It's a special screening of the documentary Outlawed: Extraordinary Rendition, Torture, and Disappearances in the "War on Terror".

Here's the deal:
December 1, 2006 -which is a Friday night
7:30 p.m.
my living room

Sign up here: Amnesty International House Party. Children are always welcome in our home. Two points, though. Our children are 24 and 22. If they stick their tongues in the electrical outlets or eat stuff off the floor... well, I figure that's their problem. So don't assume the house is child-safe any more. And the subject matter seems a tad grim for little ones, but you call it.

There will be food, coffee and, if I get my act together, a bottle of wine. Naturally, there will be discussion afterwards. Come one; come all.

No comments: