Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Random 10

I'm so sorry about the erratic posting this week; this meting out justice to my peers thing -on top of my regular life- is fairly exhausting. Now that there's light at the end of that tunnel, I really intend to pull myself together. And, oh heck, establish world peace, while I'm working on unlikely-to-succeed projects.

But in the "getting back in the saddle" department, here's the Friday Random 10. You know what to do. Set your iPod to shuffle and tell us the first ten songs that appear. And no fair leaving out ones that make you look like a dork or adding in ones that make you look cool. Here are mine for the week:

  • If the Good Die Young; Tracy Lawrence (an anthem for mothers of rowdy children!)
  • Serenade for Strings in C Major: Waltz; Tchaikovsky
  • Light One Candle; Peter, Paul, and Mary (Someone make sure this is sung at my funeral)
  • Angels Love Bad Men; Barbara Mandrell (Oh for pity's sake -for the title, the sad truth of the title, and the fact that I'm getting busted on my country music collection.)
  • Lullabye; Billy Joel
  • Every Breath You Take; The Police (Oh for crying out loud. This is in a cycling playlist, for working out at the gym. So when I tell you I'm listening to work stuff or classical music at the gym - - -I'm lying. Sigh.)
  • That Don't Impress Me Much; Shania Twain (Listen to the first verse. If you know Dave at all, you'll know why this is on my iPod. It's only for when I'm irked.)
  • Louisiana Saturday Night; Don Williams (from my New Orleans music playlist)
  • Living with War; Neil Young (sadly obvious why this one is here)
  • Dance Ballerina Dance; Nat King Cole (This is in a playlist dedicated to my ballerina daughter, so I have a good excuse for this one.)


No comments: