Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Random 10

You know the drill. Set your iPod to shuffle and tell us the first ten songs that appear. And no fair leaving out ones that make you look like a dork (my personal specialty) or adding in ones that you think make you look cool. Here are mine for the week:

  • Slumber My Darling: Alison Krauss and Yo-Yo Ma -seriously, the best lullaby ever. It reduces me to puddles of longing for when my babies were, well, babies.
  • Oh Mary, Don't You Weep; Arlo Guthrie et al -with the immortal lyrics, "It was Moses first proved the notion that the world is safer with the army in the ocean." ;)
  • Viens, Malika; Delibes -There seems to be a rule that this song has to be used in movies. So, it's over-done, but I still love it.
  • Seize the Day; Carolyn Arends
  • Fantasia in the Sixth Tone; Gabrieli via the Cleveland Brass Ensemble
  • Louisiana Lowdown; Cowboy Mouth
  • Don't Wanna Behave: Dance Hall Crashers (Indeed, I do not!)
  • Calling my Children Home; Emmylou Harris -I tried. Emmylou's children (does she have any????) are apparently better behaved than mine!
  • Breathless; The Corrs
  • Peace in this House; Wynonna Judd


No comments: