Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The First Meme of 2007

I borrowed this from Michael over at Musing's Musings. It's fun -and I suppose a good way for people to learn more about me. Join in, as you like.

1) The phone rings. Who do you want it to be? My favorite choice is my husband calling me, just to chat. But bless his heart, he doesn't really do that.
2) When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Yes, always.
3) In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? A talker, I fear. I have a tendency toward the extrovert-run-amok, which I try to keep in check.
4) If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Oh good heavens, no. You might as well send me into the wilderness with a target on my back. I'd get lost, starve to death, and be eaten by something within about ...an hour.
5) Do you like to ride horses? As a kid, I rode sometimes. But I haven't gone horseback riding in decades nor have I missed it. So apparently it wasn't the love of my life.
6) Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Not the sleep-away kind.
7) What was your favorite board game as a kid? Monopoly, but we never played by the rules. I just wanted to buy property, preferably the ones with pretty-colored cards. Then we would quit. I was astonished to learn that there was more to the game than that.
8) If a sexy person were pursuing you, but you knew he/she was taken what would you do? After I dropped dead from surprise, you mean? I suppose this would be where the Mom-glare might come in handy. "I'm taken. You're taken. Go find something constructive to do."
9) Are you judgmental? Probably some people think so, but I don't think so. I'm tolerant of a wide array of lifestyles, choices, beliefs.... But when something's really wrong (in the world-according-to-Andrea) I say that.
10) Would you date someone with different religious beliefs? I have done, but it was difficult.
11) Are you continuing your education? I don't foresee pursuing more formal education, but absolutely yes, I'm continuing my education.
12) Do you know how to shoot a gun? No.
13) If your house was on fire, what’s the first thing you’d grab? The photo albums
14) How often do you read books? Every day.
15)Do you think more about the past, present or future? I can get tangled up fretting about the future, so I try to bring my thoughts back to this moment. I'm not always good at doing that.
16) What is your favorite children’s book? The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
17) How tall are you? almost 4'11"
18) Where is your ideal house located? by the ocean, but Provence would be a close second choice
19) Last person you talked to? My husband
20) When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Easter day, two years ago -almost. I have this friend who had a mysterious brain bleed on the Saturday evening before Easter. Everyone gathered at her hospital bed that Sunday. At one point, she was still intubated and in a coma, yet we needed to mark the Easter-ness of the day somehow. A large group went looking for a restaurant, and Olive Garden was right there -and they're tolerant of large motley crews, so there we were.
21) What are your keys on your key chains for? one car key. one work key. That's all I have.
22) What did you do last night? Went to dinner at a friend's house. It was lovely.
23) Where is your current pain? Wow! Is it a given that I have a pain? My neck and shoulders are always a little tight, I suppose.
24) Do you like mustard? Yes. I make my own. Weird, but true.
25) Do you like your mom and dad? Yes. My dad's dead, and he was a bit of a case, but a likeable case. My mom's sort of benignly goofy, but is a fabulous person and hard not to like.
26) How long does it take you in the shower? however long the hot water lasts.
27) What movie do you want to see right now? I haven't heard of one in the theaters that I want to watch, but my netflix queue has about 100 movies on it. The one I'm waiting for now is The Queen, with Helen Mirrin.
28) Do you put lotion on your dog or cats? Do they need lotion? Who knew? I don't have a dog or a cat.
29) What did you do for New Year’s? Partied with a bunch of mathematicians and their partners. Try to restrain your jealousy.
30) Do you think The Grudge was scary? I don't have the slightest idea. What's The Grudge?
31) Do you own a camera phone? Yes, but I haven't figured out how to move the pictures from the phone to my computer.
32) What’s the last letter of your middle name? E (Terese)
33) Who did you vote for on American Idol? American Idol? I thought that was a TV show. How do you vote on a television show? I obviously didn't vote, I guess.
34) How many hours of sleep do you get a night? 7-8, if I can pull it off.
35) Do you like Care Bears? Care Bears are WAY after my time, and weren't even all that popular when my kids were little, so I don't know much about them. I tend not to like those made-to-sell-toys characters marketed to children.
36) Do you know how to play poker? Sort of. But I have a very expressive face, so I lose. Fast.
37) Do you wear your seatbelt? Yes, always.
38) What do you sleep in? I have a weird fondness for pretty or cute pajamas and nightgowns, so that's what I sleep in.
39) Anything big ever happen in your hometown? Barbed wire and Cindy Crawford were invented/born there.
40) Is your tongue pierced? ewwwwwww..... no.
41) Who’s the funniest person you know? My brothers can make you cry, they're so funny.
42) Do you like funny or serious people better? I like people of all kinds. If I had to pick, I'd probably go for serious, but I wouldn't want to pick, at all at all.
43) Did you eat a cookie today? Nope, and there aren't any hanging around, so I probably won't.
44) Do you use cuss words in other languages? Oh my, yes.
45) Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? Pay for. One of my children showed me how to steal it, and I did download one song illegally. But I felt so terrible, it wasn't worth it.
46) When was the last time you said “I love you” and meant it? This morning. And I always mean it.
47) Is your cell usually on vibrate or ring?Ring
48) Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend? Oh my goodness, no. I have a fictitious boyfriend named Lars that I tease my husband about. But Lars doesn't actually exist.

Tags:

1 comment:

Lisa :-] said...

The Grudge?????